Monday 3 October 2011

As The Season Turns



After our unexpected heat wave last week the season has definitely started to turn with the leaves changing colour and the wind whipping them up into swirling dervishes that dance across the grass. With all that sunshine we had though, some of the flowers have come out for a late showing which adds extra colour to the garden. 

We had a lovely weekend here with a few friends round. My son and his friend made us the most delicious Mocktails (non alcoholic cocktails) and we enjoyed some music and song as well.

The weather last week was perfect for drying felt outside....




 ....and for watching cows watching me!

My wee boxes have been flying off all over the world.
I made this one below with Harris Tweed sides and thick green felt for the walls and base. 


It worked really well so I made one more like it.



This one is available here



This middle sized one went off to the USA last week.
I reinforced the sides with ice cream tub plastic to make it more robust and plan to do the same with the bigger version that holds the cards (see the last blog post for photos).
I just need to get the time to make it!

Something I did make time for though was this 'First Snow' landscape. 
Last year during all that snow we had I kept being asked if I had made any snowy landscapes. I thought I'd make this in advance and have it printed up into a card so that it would arrive in plenty time before the snow!

'First Snow' £55 framed

'First Snow' Greetings Card £2.50

The Cards are available in my Etsy shop and the original will be coming with me to The Handmade Show in Perth Concert Hall on Sunday November 6th
If you would like more details about this piece just email me at aileenclarkecrafts@yahoo.com



I made this little pendant today using beautiful Orkney fibres and a soft pinky red for the apples. It is also available in my Etsy shop.




We have enjoyed some glorious sunrises here over the last week. I love the mist hanging above the field in this photo.





3 comments:

  1. I think we managed a day of the heatwave last week - more like your beautiful snowy landscape - it's promised for this w/e! I adore your boxes, absoolutely charming.

    You can use a washboard for felting.....?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! And i'm very excited - I am also exhibiting at The Handmade `show and so I will get to see your lovely work in the 'flesh'!

    ReplyDelete
  3. gosh, how did it get to autumn already?!

    i love your new snowscapes, fingers crossed it'll be the only snow we see for a while :)

    i saw your cards in an cnoc - what a great idea, they are lovely.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very welcome and much appreciated ♥

All contributed content © Aileen Clarke