Tuesday 21 May 2019

Upcoming Events June 2019 and Some New Makes for May

I was beginning to think that I might never blog again but here we are half way through May and I have finally got a chance to do an update! What a busy year so far! Not much point in talking about events that have already past (Make::Wool at EYF and Open Studios North Fife) except to say that they were a huge success and have kept me extremely busy for the past few months.

My next event is at Aberdeen Yarnfest on Sunday June 9th. Last year was the first AYF and it was really good. The vendors list has been extended this year and looks excellent! As with all the yarn shows I exhibit at, I am excited to be going as a vendor and as a customer! Can't wait to get my hands on all that yarn and fibre!

I am really excited and delighted to say that I will be exhibiting at WOOLFEST in Cumbria this year! I have always wanted to go as a visitor but never been yet and here I am jumping in at the deep end as a vendor! I have been training my husband up to man my stall so that I can go shopping while I'm there! You can find me on stand K255.


Back in April we spent a week in a caravan at Laide up in Wester Ross and I took the opportunity to gather lots of inspiration for new felt seascape pictures.

Sketching on the beach at Mellon Udrigle

Big Sand Beach, Gairloch


I made quite a few larger pieces. Big Sand Beach and Evening Light are both bigger than the piece I am holding above which is pretty big for me. I usually work small scale. The piece above sold but I am taking the larger ones to exhibit at Woolfest.

Evening Light at Mellon Udrigle


These two are around the size of the one I am holding and are available now on Etsy  priced £225 including UK delivery.


I also put some of the seascape inspiration into these textile and resign jewellery pieces. I won't have these with me at the wool events but I do have lots listed on Etsy here 


Pendants £26, Earrings and Rings £18.50

I had quite a few new cushion designs made for Open Studios this year including the cockerel and sheep. 
(Overseas orders are sent without the inner padding.)

Earlier this year I made a little alpaca picture which sold immediately but I had him printed on cards and tins and he is proving very popular! I now have four tin designs all of which are available here 




New brooches for 2019 include these lovely green tweed birds with thistle motif.


I have lots and lots of items available on Etsy and will have a huge range with me at both Aberdeen Yarnfest and Woolfest. 

Building up stock for events takes up most of my time and I have really neglected blogging. I think a lot of makers that have had blog pages for years have let them slip at some point. I also took up crochet and probably do that more in the time I used to spend updating my blog. Got lots of beautiful scarves and shawls though! 

These are two I made this year using Scheepjes Whirls. I like whirls because I love gradient yarn, they are cotton so not at all itchy and they come in 1000 m balls ready to work with and that's plenty for a full shawl such as these. There are also lots of great patterns that suit whirls. I do love hand dyed yarn from independent dyers as well and buy it when I can.


Bruinen Shawl Free Pattern on Ravelry made with Scheepjes Ombre Turquoise Turntable


This is a bought pattern and I love the effect. It uses about half of a Rosewater Cocktail Whirl. 

So that's it for now. Hope to bring you news of new products soon. If you regularly visit my blog, thanks very much for sticking around! If you are new to it then thanks very much for dropping in.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are very welcome and much appreciated ♥

All contributed content © Aileen Clarke