Saturday 25 January 2014

Gathering More Inspiration

I have really enjoyed taking some time out this month to play around with a few new ideas and have also been going through last years holiday photo's and been taking a look back at some of my older pieces to gather some new inspiration.


The above photos were all taken around the Dingle Peninsula in the west of Ireland. Fungie the dolphin takes centre stage of course! He is a wild bottlenose dolphin who chooses to live in Dingle Bay and has done for 30 years. We love going back to see him. 

This felt picture below is an oldie but I really like it so I'm planning a new series like this.
I have to get over to Newburgh soon to visit Twist Fibre Craft Studio and get some new felting supplies so I can bring all these ideas to life!


The photos below were all taken around the Ross of Mull and Iona.
You can see that the light is totally different here and the colours that spring out are that beautiful pale turquoise of the water, the lilac blue of the bluebells and pink of the sea thrift.



These abstracts were made using the embellisher machine and I plan to revisit this technique over the coming weeks as well.



 All this planning and forethought is of course for our upcoming Open Studios event in May. It might sound like a long way off but in reality it's only a few weeks when you break the months into creative time so I need to get cracking ! I have SO many things I want to make for this year's event.


The brochure will be out in March and we will let you all know where you can get one but you can keep up to date with it all on our Facebook page here
We are running a series of Giveaway's just now with many of our participants giving away Prints, Cards and Jewellery pieces so if you use Facebook, pop over and like our page to see how you can enter the draws.

Up for grabs this weekend is this A4 Print of 'Buttercup' by Lindsay Mathers



Following on from the needle felted peacock in my previous post, I did this bird last week as well. I've tweaked it a bit since I took this photo. Straightened the stitching on the wing and added a bit of definition around the tail feathers. I'm planning to have him printed as cards etc and the original will also be up for sale once framed.



 



So it's back to serious making next week. I have my first commission of the year to get on with and have a load of felt to make to then turn into jewellery, brooches, pictures and trinket boxes. I'm also planning a new mug design so watch this space!







1 comment:

  1. Beautiful photos - I could feel myself relaxing as I looked at them!
    Love the bird - so pretty.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very welcome and much appreciated ♥

All contributed content © Aileen Clarke