Tuesday 3 July 2012

July Update

I have had to get up at the crack of dawn today in order to update my blog here as time seems to be running away from me these days.
The school holidays have started here in Scotland and it has rained every day so far. Boooooo!
So keeping children entertained while trying to build up stock for my next event is a bit of a juggle.
My next event is The Big Tent Festival in Falkland, Fife.
The emphasis at this festival is on environmental awareness while offering great live music and lots of activities for all ages.
I will have a stall in the Craft Unplugged tent and plan to have the full range of
Aileen Clarke Crafts goodies with me.

First thing to do when making any new stock is to make the felt.
Below is some nuno felt I made a couple of weeks ago and I am just now getting around to making it into wearable items.





Nuno Felt Wrist Cuff


The beauty of these cuffs, like all felt really is that you never get the same effect or colour combination twice.
The texture in this cuff adds a unique feel to it too and I have used a big felt bead instead of a button.


Cuff £12


Also hot off the work table are these new leaf pendants.
I have teamed this one up with a length of hand dyed felt cord which can be tied at the back of the neck as a nice alternative to a chain.


£20
Chains are still available though.
Wrist Cuff to match.
£12

I have lots of new sheep pendants and earrings on the work table just now as well.
Here are some that are finished.

Sheep Pendant
£20
Earrings
£18


I love making these textile pendants as well and have lots on the go just now.
I also make earrings in this style so watch this space or my Etsy shop for them.


£20



Moontide Pendant
£20

Also in stock are these printed cards.
There are lots of designs to choose from all featuring Bothy's and Sheep, Harbour Houses and Boats or a simple Seascape.
Great for all sorts of occasions or just to say Hello and Thinking of You.




Everything you see here is available in my Etsy Shop 
(unless it has already sold by the time you are reading this)
Remember that it is free to join Etsy and you can shop for all sorts of amazing handmade things from all over the world as well as vintage items and crafting supplies.

Last Saturday we took a wee jaunt up to Ceres for the Highland Games.
Watching the Highland dancers really brought back memories for me. I used to go to Highland dancing as a child and got as far as owning a turquoise kilt and velvet waistcoat and won my pre bronze medal for the Highland fling. I didn't stick at it but I do remember learning the sword dance.


Loving the concentration here.

5 comments:

  1. I so wish I could attend one of those fairs, I'd love to see the dancing!

    Good luck with the stock making and the kids! Over here we could welcome some rain, it's fairly hot and sunny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Piękne prace, super naszyjnik.
    Uwielbiam tańce ludowe, co za koloryt i ekspresja.
    Pozdrawiam

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is it possible to fall in love with jewellery? I think I have done - in this case, with both the sheep pendants and especially the Moontide and Full Moon pendants. They're just so beautiful. Aileen.

    I wish so so much that I could get to Fife for the Big Tent Event - it sounds like brilliant craic. I know you'll do really, really well - your jewellery and your wee sheep boxes are just beautiful.

    I know what you mean about time running away from you. It's the same here. No matter how early I wake up, there just does not seem to be enough time in any 24 hour period of time to tend to and finish all that needs tending to!

    Wishing you all the best at the Big Tent Festival at the Unplugged Tent. Keep creating all the beautiful jewellery (and wee sheepie boxes) that you do.
    June

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the colours in your new piece of nuno and it makes a lovely cuff.

    Our school holidays don't start until the end of July - sympathy coming your way!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The sheep pendent is sooo adorable ! xx

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very welcome and much appreciated ♥

All contributed content © Aileen Clarke